Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sleep Training Day #4

Last night didn't go well at all. Aren't babies supposed to sleep better at night when they don't sleep well during the day? I guess my little monster didn't get that memo. 

She didn't wake up until about 12:30 am, but Matthan and I had only gotten about a half hour of sleep because we stayed up watching Frozen. Whoops. I fed her then she fell right asleep. 

She woke up again around 3:30, and I tried the "put her pacifier in her mouth and rub her blankoe on her face" method since she probably didn't need to eat again. She did NOT like that. She cried, and cried, and cried, and cried for the next hour and a half. Even though we were in separate rooms, we could hear her loud and clear. Matthan started to get really antsy and I almost made him sleep on the couch in the other room. After a while, I went back in and she was on her back. I took advantage of that and fed her the bottle that she didn't quite finish earlier. She got really sleepy so I put her pacifier back in her mouth, tucked her in, and she fell asleep.

Occasionally, I heard her whine and fuss a little until she passed out.

Let me tell you something. I probably have the best in-laws ever. They always go out of their way to help us with her. Once, Abby was not happy at all and screamed until 3 in the morning. Matthan and I were sick so they sent us to bed while they stayed up and took care of her almost all night! I could not have asked for a better family to marry into. 

She didn't wake up again until 8:30 when my mother in law got her. Matthan and I didn't wake up until after 9. Again, best in-laws EVER.

She went down for a nap around 10:30 and cried for about a half hour before finally passing out. Matthan said it's a lot easier to let her cry it out during the day rather at night. I agree. I was in the shower the whole time so it didn't bother me a bit!

I had to wake her up around 12:30 so we could get ready for church. Let it be known - I am not a fan or 1pm - 4pm church. I feel like my day is wasted (besides sleeping hehe). Almost as soon as sacrament meeting started, she got sleep and starting rubbing her eyes. I Fed her a bottle, hoping that she would fall asleep. Nope. Didn't happen. She had another bottle during relief society, and still didn't fall asleep. She was fussy and grumpy all through church. She fell asleep on the way home and slept in her car seat at home for about 20 minutes. 

Watching the Olympics with grandma!

We left just after 8 and she slept on our way home. When we get home around 8:45ish, I get her out of her car seat, nurse her, lay her in bed, tuck her in and turn on her music box music. She was still awake, but very sleepy. She didn't cry once. I'm guessing tonight will be a bit like last night because she didn't nap very well today. But what kid naps well at grandma and grandpa's house, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment